LCOY Austria 2018
The LCOY Austria 2018 on 16-18th November 2018 in Vienna was the first ever Austrian youth climate conference under the umbrella of the UN-youth representation of the Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). It was also the second such conference in Europe, after the LCOY Netherlands in Amsterdam.
How was it? See for yourselves.
- 150 engaged participants who took ownership of the conference and made it what it was – a buzzing space full of energy and exchange
- a video address by Austrian president Alexander Van der Bellen, supporting the conference. Watch it here!
- 45 workshops on topics from Austrian climate politics to marketing to attract new crowds outside the “bubble” or making your own sustainable tooth paste
- organized by youth for youth and driving a culture of peers – whether participants or organizing team – the LCOY Austria 2018 created a community at the event that still lasts
- having the opening in an old-style, wall-painting-style cinema. One of the best in Vienna.
- a letter to the Austrian minister of environment Elisabeth Köstinger demanding ambitious climate politics. Written at the LCOY and signed by dozens of participants.
- output created with all participants present on the last day of conference with demands towards politics, economy, civil society and individuals.
- Finally: it inspired young people to get going with own projects and…
- …most of the new organizing team members were participants last year!
For a short insight watch the trailer of our aftermovie. For a longer one enjoy the whole video with interviews of the organizing team and more moments. (both in German) For insights into the workshop sessions and more pictures check out our Flickr account.
Last year’s organising team:
And the conference wouldn’t have been possible without our engaged volunteers:
The trailer to our aftermovie below!
And now some program highlights from last year (in German)! 🙂